The Book of Mike

"This is no junior college. This is the notorious University of Miami.” -- Marlins starter Dontrelle Willis, after getting knocked around for six runs in 2 1/3 innings by the Canes.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Trying

Despite that the technology is infinitely easier for me to access, I'm finding it harder to blog regularly than ever before. I really want to blog regularly. I have plenty of things I want to talk about. But I'm just not making the effort so far.

Oh well. Here's a half-hearted effort anyway.

A few of thoughts before I go:

I love Jackie Robinson Day. It's great to see Mr. Robinson's legacy celebrated. In some sense, it's a shame that it's an off day for some teams. But at least the Dodgers are playing tonight.

Speaking of the Dodgers, I caught my first Vin Scully broadcast on Wednesday night. While Vin may look a little older, he still sounds the same. His ability to broadcast a game as a one-man show never ceases to amaze me. He's simply the best.

And although it's still extremely early, I love that Vlad Guerrero is hitting .500 at home. Sure, the Rangers have had only one homestand so far this season. But I'm hoping that Vlad continues to hit like a mad man in Arlington. Over the past three seasons Vlad hit .358 in Arlington. Should he keep up at that pace (and stay with the Rangers), maybe Vlad will reach 3,000 hits.

Jason Heyward is my favorite rookie of the young season. I heard him interviewed during a spring training game and I found myself really impressed with the young man. Plus, he "looks" like a ballplayer. And on Jackie Robinson day, I got a kick out of watching him wear #42 while wearing a throwback jersey that's from a time well before he was born.

That concludes today's Larry King style entry. If you've read this far, I apologize for putting you through it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home